Friday, February 29, 2008

Frugal Friday


I just love Craigslist!!! I have been trying to find a decent bookshelves for my parents. So I was looking around my local list today to see if someone had some listed. Well instead of finding bookshelves, I found something for *me*!

Here is what I found....

Subject: Stoneware-Pampered Chef $10

I have the following items for sale. They are all lightly used.

New Traditions (1316) Small Oval Baker $8.00 (reg. $18) This item does have a chip off the handle.
Stoneware Bar Pan I do not have the box for this one. $10.00 (reg. $29.50)
Classics Collection Stoneware Muffin Pan (1465) $10.00 (reg. $32.50)
Classics Collection Stoneware Rectangular Baker (1430) $10.00 (reg. $36)

The lady listed her number so I called her to ask if the items were still available. They were!!! Sooo I offered her $35 for ALL and I would pick them up today!! And she said yes! I went and picked them up. It is no joke that the items were lightly used! They actually look newer than my PC stoneware items!!

Which by the way I have all of these same pieces already BUT with my size family who can blame me for getting more of the same where I can actually put a whole batch of cupcakes in my oven at once rather than do half the batch and then have to wait to do the other batch. (which I have been doing for the last 10 years!)WAHHHHHOOOO!! I am sooo excited!

And what is even more exciting is that this lady was a PC consultant who is working at selling off some of her stuff that she doesn't use sooooo there is a chance that I will be able to get more of her stuff!

I strongly suggest that if you have items that you want to get rid of and do not want to worry about the shipping costs or fees of ebay or even listing in your local paper. Try Craigslist. Yes you will need to use some caution as there is scams around every corner on the internet. But so far my dh and I have had great success in selling items(like baby items, or computers). We have also have had great success with purchasing some items(other than the PC items that I got today) as well.

For other frugal tips and ideas, head over to Frugal Friday over at Biblical Womanhood!

***due to me being on vacation I am reposting from January12, 2008***

1 comment:

momtofivekids said...

That was a great find, good for you! I use PC cooking stones, too. Mine are well used. Have you ever tried www.Freecycle.org? Check it out!