Monday, August 23, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 8/22-8/23


I can not believe that I haven't posted menus since the beginning of May! Life has been very busy lately! The summer sneaked up on us and then flew by! Now, the new school year is approaching and I need to get back on track with making menus each week. When I stopped posting them I lost the motivation to even make them so for much of the summer I have been flying by the seat of my pants in the meal department.  It is time to get the motivation back, so I am going to start posting menus again. 


Last week’s menus were delicious! I stuck with simple, family favorite meals.  I took advantage of the nice weather to grill several times so I did not heat up the house.  We have been having my parents over for a meal at least once a week during the last several months. If they do not come to my house, we go to their house and eat a meal with them. Doing this routine seems to be helping my mom, who has dementia, to actually eat home-cooked meals rather than going out to eat for every meal.  My dad has stated that when she eats with a crowd she seemingly eats better than when it is just the two of them. 

Last week’s grocery shopping was a big shopping trip. Hopefully I calculated things correctly so I will just have to a staples run (milk, produce) these next couple of weeks before payday.  We are still working at paying down some unexpected debt along with having THREE birthdays and an anniversary in the next month!  So I am trying to keep the grocery bill down so that we have the extra money to work with for the "celebrations". 

Hopefully sometime this week, I will be able to get some long overdue baking done.  With the new school year fast approaching in a couple of weeks and having to actually pack a child's lunch for the first time, I want to have some baked goods ready to go! It would be nice to get a big stash of items done so that I don’t have to worry about not having something to pack in his lunch. 

This week’s meals are more of my simple, family favorite meals.  Things are going to be busy around our house again this week so I am keeping things simple in the kitchen. I am not totally sure what day or days, my parents are coming over so I might have to change some things around as the week progresses. 

This week’s lunches that are listed below are for the kids and me! Unless we are having leftovers, our lunches are served with apple slices or carrot sticks along with fruit juice or water.  Hubby usually takes a dinner leftover along with various snacks for his work lunch so I don’t take the time to really plan his lunches. I just take the next container of leftovers in the stack in the fridge that I have prepared ahead of time.

A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus; go check the over 300 other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura-Organizing Junkie's site or look down in my right sidebar for my menu suggestion lists!

Sunday (8-22)
Breakfast: eggs, hash browns, sausage  and cinnamon rolls
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner:  McDonald’s (after church)

Monday (8-23)
Breakfast: cereal and toaster strudel
Lunch: sandwiches and chips
Dinner:  chicken club sandwiches, fries and carrots

Tuesday (8-24)
Breakfast:  waffles and sausage
Lunch: lunchables
Dinner:  beef gravy over noodles, peas
Snack: snack basket

Wednesday (8-25)
Breakfast:  bagels and cereal
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: spaghetti and garlic toast

Thursday (8-26)
Breakfast: French Toast and sausage
Lunch: pizza
Dinner: oven fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn
Snack: snack basket                                                       

Friday (8-27)
Breakfast: cereal and toaster strudel
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: grilled burgers, and fries
Snack: snack basket

Saturday (8-28)
Breakfast:  Your Choice
Lunch: ????
Dinner: event @ church with dinner included!
Snack: popcorn or snack basket



No comments: