I went grocery shopping for them yesterday and got several already made freezer meals to get them started but I don't want that to be their sole source of meals. I also got them some fresh meat yesterday but I know that my Mom will not cook it but just leave it sit in their freezer to get freezer burned or forgotten about in the fridge. I brought the meat home along with the fresh/raw meat that was in their freezer that I had just done up in meal portions.
I am still planning on making the majority of the baked goods I listed in my initial baking plan just not going to get them all done in one day! I also am adding the following items this month to my plan:
For my parents:
- Eight Pork chops made into single serve portions of BBQ pork.
- Four bone in chicken breasts needs to be roasted and de-boned for use in soups or Chicken Helper meals.
- Three boneless/skinless chicken breasts cooked and sliced for sandwiches or chicken tacos.
- One roll of pork sausage browned and made into single serve portions of sausage gravy.
For my family using the bulk meat from my February Sam's run:
- 4.29 lbs thick sliced pork chops--need to be made into thin cut chops and divided into 2 meals(1 for freezer and 1 for dinner tonight).
- 5.92 lbs ground beef--need to brown about 3 lbs for the freezer and the rest of the meat made into ready made burger patties
If there is time and energy left after doing all of the above: