Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Baking Plan for February Revisited!

At the end of January, I made up a baking plan for February not realizing that I would need to be making up meals for my parents.  I am having to rethink my baking plan to include some actual freezer meals for my parents.  My Mom has gotten to a point where she doesn't want to cook, she would rather have a small bowl of cold cereal and not actually cook something warm for her and my Dad.

I went grocery shopping for them yesterday and got several already made freezer meals to get them started but I don't want that to be their sole source of meals.  I also got them some fresh meat yesterday but I know that my Mom will not cook it but just leave it sit in their freezer to get freezer burned or forgotten about in the fridge.  I brought the meat home along with the fresh/raw meat that was in their freezer that I had just done up in meal portions.

I am still planning on making the majority of the baked goods I listed in my initial baking plan just not going to get them all done in one day!  I also am adding the following items this month to my plan:

For my parents:

  • Eight Pork chops made into single serve portions of BBQ pork.
  • Four bone in chicken breasts needs to be roasted and de-boned for use in soups or Chicken Helper meals.
  • Three boneless/skinless chicken breasts cooked and sliced for sandwiches or chicken tacos. 
  • One roll of pork sausage browned and made into single serve portions of sausage gravy.

For my family using the bulk meat from my February Sam's run:
  • 4.29 lbs thick sliced pork chops--need to be made into thin cut chops and divided into 2 meals(1 for freezer and 1 for dinner tonight).
  • 5.92 lbs ground beef--need to brown about 3 lbs for the freezer and the rest of the meat made into ready made burger patties

If there is time and energy left after doing all of the above: 

I'll be back later with an update with my accomplishments....

2 comments:

SnoWhite said...

You are so sweet to make some freezer meals for your parents!

Hope you have a productive day :)

C said...

That is great that you would do that for your parents. God will bless You tremendously...nevermind the fact that you are sowing such good seeds.

Praise God for such a giving woman!!!
Take Care