Friday, April 10, 2009

Weekly Shopping Trip---Savings $51.58

What do you get when you go to checkout at the grocery store in a lane where the cashier has been there for about seven hours and is scheduled to leave in another hour and is frustrated that she hasn't had a break the entire time she has been there????  A tired cashier who does NOT pay one bit attention to what she is doing!!!  She did not scan my bag of chocolate chips BUT she forced subtracted the coupon off at the end of total and she actually did it twice and didn't scan my manufactor's coupon for my cream soup.

Then on top of that....I forgot to give her my 2-$1/1 coupons for Johnsonville sausage and my one coupon for $1/2 Juicy Juice!  UGH!

And of course this all happens on a day when I am running late in getting out of the store so I didn't take the time to check my receipt while I was at the store like what I normally take the time to do.  Spring soccer practice has started so it is imperative that I am at home and getting dinner started around 4pm so that my boys can eat before they do a ton of running. UGH!

So needless to say, I am not sure who should be more at fault here for my lousy checkout...the cashier or me!  

At any rate, here is the breakdown of what I purchased at Meijer:
  • Wrigley's Big Red gum FREE with coupon
  • 3.23lbs ground chuck $5.33
  • 4 boxes Jiffy Muffin Mix $2.36
  • 4 bags Freshlike frozen corn $1.56
  • 4 dozen eggs $3.52
  • 3 gallons milk $5.97
  • 10lbs potatoes $2.29
  • 4 pkgs Eckrich smoky links $5.45
  • 4 cans cream of chicken soup $2.00
  • 2 bags potato chips $3.99
  • 6 boxes ziploc bags $8.50
  • 2 pks Johnsonville sausage links $4.00
  • 1 box Oreo Fun Stixs $1.50
  • 1 box foil $2.00
  • 3 bottles Juicy Juice $7.00
  • 1 bag mini chocolate chips $1.25

Total OOP: $56.06
Total Savings: $51.58
Total(without sales or coupons): $107.64

No comments: