Wednesday, February 18, 2009

All about "I"


My daughter has not been interested in doing "school" for a couple of weeks so we have gotten a little behind with our letters. However, it proved to be a good break for both of us.  I also was able to work with my three older boys a little more on some new to them topics. 

Now we have gotten back into the swing of things and have worked through the letter "I". 

Studying the letter "I" would not be the same if we didn't have ice cream at least once!  And what is even better is making our own

The snow has been melting in my neck of the country so there are lots and lots of icicles to spot dripping off the roof!

Despite the snow melting it was still too cold to be outside so we stayed inside all week playing indoor games(like hide n seek, dress-up and tea parties)

Along with playing indoor games we made and played with instruments. We learned that there are lots of different things that can be made into musical instruments.

We talked about insects.  We made ladybugs, butterflies, and other bugs using our thumbprint and an ink pad.

Our Bible lesson was on Issac.

We did take the time to talk about the short i sound and the long i sound.  We made up two mini books with each of the I sounds.

We didn't get to one thing that I wanted to do....that was making an igloo out of sugar cubes!

**I hope you take the time to go through the valuable links in this post!**

2 comments:

SnoWhite said...

what a fun way to make ice cream using simple household items -- I love ice cream... that idea is definitely a keeper :)

Roan said...

I really enjoy your blog. Thanks for the letter I ideas. I am doing a letter a week (or 2) with my just turned 5yo. I will use these links.