Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Easy Dessert from the Pantry!!



Been invited somewhere where you need to take a dessert? Putting a meal together for a family and realize that taking a dessert would be a good thing? Or are you just in need of some chocolate?? I got a solution to your dilemma!!!

This is an easy dessert that you should have most of the ingredients in your pantry(well they are in mine due to the recent grocery sales and clearance Halloween candy!). A rough estimate of total cost for one pie is about $3.00!

Here is the original recipe...

NO Bake Cool Whip Pudding Pie

2 pkgs(3oz box) instant pudding, any flavor
2 cups milk
1 tub(8oz) Cool Whip
1 Graham Cracker Crust

Mix 2 packages of pudding and 2 cups of milk thoroughly. Gently fold in 1 container of Cool-Whip. Spoon into a graham cracker crust. Chill.

MY FIRST VARIATION:
2 pkgs(3oz) instant chocolate pudding
1 can evaporated milk
1/2 cup 2% milk
1 tub(8oz) Chocolate Cool Whip
1 Graham Cracker Crust
3 snack size Reese peanut butter cups, chopped

Mix 2 packages of pudding and 2 cups of milk thoroughly. Gently fold in 1 container of Cool-Whip. Spoon into a graham cracker crust. Sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups. Chill.

MY SECOND VARIATION:
2 pkgs (3oz) instant chocolate fudge pudding
1 can evaporated milk
1/2 cup 2% milk
1 tub(8oz) Chocolate Cool Whip
1 Oreo Cookie Crust
6 snack size Reese Peanut butter cups, chopped & divided

Mix 2 packages of pudding and 2 cups of milk thoroughly. Gently fold in 1 container of Cool-Whip and 3 peanut butter cups. Spoon into a graham cracker crust. Sprinkle with 3 chopped peanut butter cups. Chill.

I think the next time I do this I am going to try Snickers bars or Milky Way bars! YUM! Oh and just in case you are wondering why I used mostly evaporated milk instead of just all "drinking milk" is because the pudding mixture comes out thicker and creamier rather than being a little watery!

I have seen a similar recipe using Jello Mix as well. However, I prefer chocolate!!

And since this is Wednesday, it works for me to fill my sweet tooth or to provide dessert to a friend who just had a baby!

For more works for me, head over to Rocks in my Dryer.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Good idea about the evaporated milk - this looks great.

momtofivekids said...

I think my family would love this. Thanks for sharing!

Debbie said...

We would love this. Great tip.