Saturday, May 23, 2009

Weekly Glimpse of Pantry Challenge #3

Sara over at Learning The Frugal Life is having an "Eat from the Pantry Challenge" during the month of May and I am joining in even though I did something similar last month. I am thinking that doing these challenges is helping me to use those items that have been sitting in my pantry & freezer over the last few months. It also is helping me to keep my grocery budget low and in check as well. If you want to catch up on my progress from the previous weeks you can read here and here.

Here are the happenings for this week:
  1. I was able to stretch a pork loin just a little bit further for a meal by using some creativity. 

  2. I once again managed to keep my grocery total for the week under $100!  I went to the bread outlet store this week so my overall total is a bit closer to $100, however, I will not need to get bread for a couple of weeks.

  3. Menu plans went very smoothly this week.  I stuck with the plan all week.

  4. Baking was a little sparce again this week.  I did make up some cupcakes from one of the mixes I had in my pantry for a nice treat for hubby and the kids.

Not much to write about this week, hopefully next week will be a bit different!  I think that about covers the week in the area of food details at Sonshine's house.  Take the time to let me know how you did this week!  Also don't forget to blog about it and then link up the post over at Sara's!

This post is linked at: 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Great job. Isn't it funny how even though we are eating from the pantry we still spend so much at the grocery store! I think my next challenge with be a no spending challenge!

Frugal Sara said...

Good job sticking to your meal plan. That makes a big difference. Sounds like you had a good week. Thanks for linking up. Have a great week.