Tuesday, March 31, 2009

New Kitchen "Servant"

A couple of weeks ago, I found that I had many reward points on my credit card, so I decided to redeem some of those points and get myself a new kitchen "servant".

It is a 6.5 quart roaster!  I am loving it!  I have been using lately for meals rather than using my oven or my crockpot.  


I did my roast, carrots and potatoes in it earlier in the week.  The roast was done just right, the potatoes were just starting to split to show that they were done, the carrots were not mushy either!!  

When I did this meal in my crockpot, I would do it different each time trying to get rid of my dried out roast and really mushy carrots.  I think it has to do with the fact that my crockpot was running hot or something!  Cause I put the food in the roast at 300° for the day and it was cooked in about 6 hours just right! 

I am looking forward to working this "servant" more in the days to come.  I just have to remember to put more liquid into it than what I did my crockpot because the roaster boils/steams as it cooks so liquid disappears faster than in a crockpot. 

1 comment:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Sweet! I bet that was a wonderful buy! :D