Sunday, July 13, 2008

Menu Plan Monday 7/13-7/19

**Another week is upon us so that means it is time for another menu plan! This is just a plan and it could change on the cook’s whim!

Last week’s menus were chaotic!! I had major complaining going on that the meals planned were the same or similar to ones that we just had in the last two weeks! So my solution….I dumped the menu for the last 3 days of the week and we made new! So last week we ended up eating meals that I was thinking about for this week. Now the ones I scrapped last week are on this week! LOL

This week’s grocery shopping was a just get necessities, so the meals I have planned are mostly things that I already had on hand from the pantry and freezer.

Lunches listed are for the kids and me. Hubby usually takes dinner leftovers each day.

A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus; go check other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura-Organizing Junkie's site! **

Sunday (7-13)
Breakfast: eggs, hash browns, sausage links and donuts
Lunch: turkey sandwiches
Dinner: McDonald’s
Snack: leftover birthday cake

Monday (7-14)
Breakfast: cereal and toast
Lunch: leftover tacos
Dinner: grilled chicken & fish, potato pockets, and corn (carry over from last week!)
Snack: cookies & milk

Tuesday (7-15)
Breakfast: waffles
Lunch: homemade “Lunchables”
Dinner: chicken club sandwiches, fries and carrots
Snack: snack basket

Wednesday (7-16)
Breakfast: bagels and cereal
Lunch: leftovers or sandwich and chips
Dinner: grilled lemon pepper pork chops, rice, and green beans and biscuits
Snack: snack basket

Thursday (7-17)
Breakfast: French toast
Lunch: pizza
Dinner: roast, carrots, and potatoes served with homemade honey oatmeal rolls
Snack: snack basket

Friday (7-18)
Breakfast: cereal and cinnamon rolls
Lunch: sandwich and chips
Dinner: chili, rice, and corn muffins (am making a double batch of this so that I can take some to a friend(and family) who just lost her mother)
Snack: homemade chocolate shakes

Saturday (7-19)
Breakfast: “Cook’s Choice”
Lunch: ????
Dinner: ??? probably grilled something or other
Snack: popcorn or snack basket

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of those potato pockets! My condolences to your friend and her family.

Have a nice week =)

Anonymous said...

LOoks like a good week. Thanks for sharing the recipes.

MJ

Anonymous said...

You are so much nicer than I am! Complaining gets my family nowhere, unfortunately. Especially if they've had/liked it in the past.

Sorry to hear about your friend's mom.

The Proverbs Wife said...

Your menu sounds delicious. You have a lot of variety in your meals.

Below is a link for Kelli's Jam filled oatmeal bars. They are super easy to make. I mix all of the dry ingredients and store them in a container for a quick breakfast, dessert or snack.

http://kellishouse.blogspot.com/2007/01/comfort-food.html

Anonymous said...

Nice menu. The lemon pepper pork chops sound really good.

Kate said...

Everything sounds so wonderful! I've been meaning to tell and keep forgetting that I love your snack basket idea and am starting to implement it in our house. It has really been a hit so far. Thanks for the great idea. :)

Gill - That British Woman said...

I have given up with the menu planning thing, its just not working for me at this moment.

Gill from Canada