Friday, February 26, 2010

OAMC: March Baking Plan

It is that time again!  Crystal aka MoneySavingMom and Jessica over at Life as Mom are teaming up again for freezer cooking days!  So that means it is time for me to put together a monthly plan of the items that I want to bake for March. I much prefer to bake over cook!  February's baking plan really did not get done like I had initially planned due to me needing to cook some meals for my parents.  I did get some items done for my family but the majority of my baking/cooking in bulk was for my parents. 


So for March, everything that wasn't made in February plus a few more items are going on my list.  Hopefully I can get many of these things done over the next few days so that when I start back up with my homeschooling routine on Monday (after two weeks off due to vacation & sickness) there will be easy breakfasts and snacks for the week.   


When I make up my baking list, I put the number of eggs that it is going to take to complete one batch of the recipe, this way I know how many different things I can make with the number of eggs I have on hand!  Eggs were on sale this week so I have 9 dozen eggs on hand!  Not all will be used in baking as I need to keep at least 2 dozen available for a couple of breakfast meals in the next couple of weeks. 


 Here are the items I am planning on baking:

  1. Cinnamon Rolls (2)
  2. Banana Muffins--without nuts (4) & with nuts (4)
  3. Pancakes (3)
  4. Whole Wheat Belgian Waffles (2)
  5. Zucchini Muffins (3)
  6. Pumpkin Choc. Chip Muffins (4)
  7. Double Choc. Muffins (2)
  8. Orange Juice Muffins (2)
  9. Honey Oatmeal Bread (0)
  10. Choc. Chip Coffeecake (3)
  11. Peanut Butter Cupcakes (3)
  12. Brown Sugar Biscuit Twists (0)
  13. Bacon, Egg, Cheese Biscuit Cups (7)
I also am planning on making some cookies for the freezer. I have several Betty Crocker cookie mixes(double chocolate, sugar, peanut butter, and oatmeal) that I got on the cheap that I need to use up this month. I usually do a couple of mixes at a time so it takes 2 eggs each batch.  I am going to also try to get some Snickerdoodles made this month as well. 

As for the cooking portion of my list, I work at cooking meal components rather than making whole meals to freeze. The main reason for not doing whole freezer meals is that my family of picky eaters really does not like the texture differences.  So I find that cooking meal components keeps me from feeling like I live in my kitchen. 

Here are the meal components that I will be doing for the month:
  • 8lbs of ground beef will be made into: 3-1lb bags of browned meat for use in chili, spaghetti sauce, and tacos. Two meals of 6 ct. burger patties, and 1 meal of meatloaf patties.
  • 2 lbs pinto beans cooked up for refried beans and baked beans. 
  • cook 2 lbs of bacon
  • divide up stew meat into 2 meals  already did this, we ate one and the other was put in the freezer!
I am sure that there is other things that I will be putting together either for my family or for my parents in March but this list will get me focusing on a goal!


If you do freezer cooking or batch cooking, what are your plans for March?


This post is linked to: 

No comments: