I didn't find anything to fulfill my sweetness craving until I needed to help put a snack together for Vacation Bible School week at my church!
I love it when I can take things out of my pantry and put them together for a yummy snack that even involves chocolate! I also love the fact that my kids are old enough that they can make this snack without too much adult supervision in the kitchen.
Golden Graham Smores Bars
3/4 cup light corn syrup
3 tbsp. butter or margarine
1 pkg(11.5 oz) milk chocolate morsels
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. Golden Graham cereal (9 cups)
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- Heat syrup, butter/margarine, and morsels to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla
- Pour over cereal; toss until coated.
- Fold in marshmallows, 1 cup at a time.
- Press in pan with buttered back of spoon. Let stand 1 hour.
- Cut into 2 inch squares.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature up to 2 days(if they last that long!).
- Makes 24 squares.
Overall this takes about 10 minutes to put together. If you get the items on sale like what I did, the cost to make these bars is about three dollars! Not bad!
This post is linked at: