Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas at Sonshine's

Welcome to my home!! 

This is my front door! A fresh wreath of greens!
My living room is the only room that I have my holiday decorations. I still have a two year who loves to sneak around and mess with the decorations so I keep them in a room that I can keep an eye on or block off so that he can not be in there without supervision. 

We have two windows in the living room and over those windows hubby made shelves for holiday decorations.  He made the shelves such where the shelf supports are also used to hold our curtain rods.  Over our smaller window is our nativity.
Over the larger window is just some various Christmas decorations.  Up there this year is baskets with Christmas trees, fake holly and poinsettas and cinnamon scented pinecones. 

Here are the decorations on my desk....
The angel was just made by my daughter in Sunday school yesterday.  The little smore snowman angel was made by one of my older boys a few years ago in Sunday school! I put this on my desk as a little reminder of how I am to treat each day through the holiday season. 
My hubby decided this year to keep the branches that needed to be cut off our tree to fit in the stand and he decorated the top of the television. 
Here is our tree with a lighted star as the topper.   We get a fresh tree every year. We decorate simply with red, gold, blue, and silver ball ornaments along with special ones that we have gotten over the years.
Here is a few of our special ones....
To celebrate hubby's German heritage we have an ornament that says "Fröhliche Weihnachten" (Merry Christmas)
We also have several ornaments reminding us of the "Reason for the Season". 
We have five different Hallmark "Baby's First Christmas" ornaments for each of our kids. This one is my youngest son's.   Hubby and I also have a Hallmark one for our first Christmas together as a married couple. 

Merry Christmas!! Thank you for coming into my home to see my decorations!  If you would like to see other Christmas decorations head over to BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes.

8 comments:

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Everything looks lovely - merry, merry Christmas!

Marla Taviano said...

Beautiful! Love the wreath! Merry Christmas!

Heather said...

Your home looks so warm and inviting, thanks for sharing. It all looks so pretty! Merry Christmas!!

Kate @ A Simple Walk said...

I love how full your tree is! Great job picking it out.

We too have "Baby's First Christmas" ornaments for each of the kids, as well as mine and my hubby's. They are favorites for sure.

Carrie said...

love the handmade decorations on your desk, precious!

Kristen said...

This tour of homes is so much fun. I especially like the shelves over your windows.

boysmum2 said...

I just love seeing all the ornaments on peoples trees, so interesting to see what they have hanging there.
Merry Christmas

the voice of melody said...

Your tree is big and beautiful! Thanks for having me over. :)