- Triple Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- In a microwave melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are set and tops are slightly cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt remaining chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 dozen.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Triple Chocolate Brownie Cookies
As I was looking through my new Taste of Home 2010 Annual Recipe cookbook, I came across this chocolate lover's delight! They are easy to make despite having to chill the dough and definitely fill that chocolate sweet tooth! They taste like brownies!