Friday, August 17, 2007

Reading List for 2007-2008 School Year

I think I have completed a Reading List for D & T for this coming up school year. Some will be read alouds while others they will read on their own. The books with an asterisk are ones that I have found lesson plans/unit studies that I am planning on doing this school year as well. Aside from this list, I am sure that my boys will be reading plenty more as all three of them are avid readers!

Across Five Aprils
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Adventures of Tom Sawyer
A Gathering of Days
Amos Fortune, Free Man
Around the World in Eighty Days
A Wrinkle in Time
A Year Down Yonder
Because of Winn Dixie
Bridge to Terabithia
Bronze Bow
Cabin Faced West
Caddie Woodlawn*
Call It Courage
Carry On, Mr. Bowditch
Chalk Box Kid
Dragonwings
Ella Enchanted
Flat Stanley
Freedom Train
Frindle
Gentle Ben
Harriet the Spy
Henry Reed’s Baby Sitting Service
Holes
Indian in the Cupboard*
In Grandma’s Attic
Johnny Tremain
Little Men
Misty of Chincoteague
Mr. Popper’s Penguins
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH*
My Side of the Mountain
Number the Stars
Old Yeller
Oliver Twist
On the Far Side of the Mountain
Pippi Longstocking
Pirate’s Promise
Rabbit Hill
Red Sky at Morning
Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry*
Sarah Plain and Tall
Secret Garden*
Shiloh
Sign of the Beaver *
Sing Down the Moon
Stealing Home
Stone Fox
The Borrowers
The Courage of Sarah Noble*
The Giver*
The Incredible Journey
The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe*
The Matchlock Gun
The Monument
The Perilous Road*
The Red Badge of Courage
The Story of Dr. Doolittle
The Witch of Blackbird Pond
Treasure Island*
Twenty-Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
Tuck Everlasting*
Uncle Tom’s Cabin
Walk Two Moons
Where The Red Fern Grows
White Fang

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great list! There is some we've read already but there is a few I've forgotten about. I'm copying this list. Thanks for sharing.

Have a blessed day!
JoAnn