Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Homeschooling on a Budget

Is it really possible to homeschool on a budget? Yes it can be done!! I have done it! I am going into my 7th year of homeschooling(officially). Aside from getting a black and white laser printer the first year so that I wasn't spending TONS on ink with all the printing I was doing, I have only spent on average $100 each year total(not for each individual munchkin!). For certain subjects, I use textbooks but I usually use the textbooks as a supplement book as I make up my own curriculum for my kids.

Some of the things that I get with my $100:
--case of paper
--school supplies (during the back to school sales)
--used textbooks (usually not the current editions)
--fees for co-op/support group classes

There is more help at Budget Homeschooling!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

If I had to start homeschooling again, I would do it on a strict budget. I think this post is gonna help lots of folks. Thanks.

mom2priceboys said...

I have started homeschooling again sice our public middle school allows bullying includig from the administration. Any budget ideas are gratefully accepted Thanks.....Julie