Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Apple Crisp--Another Fall Favorite


4 c. apples
Cinnamon
7 Tbsp. butter/margarine(cold)
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put apples in a greased baking dish (I use a casserole dish). Sprinkle with cinnamon. In a separate bowl mix flour, sugar, and cold butter til a crumbly like a streusel type topping; put on top of apples. Bake for 45 minutes til golden brown.

***Side note/helpful hints*** I don't measure the apples...I just pick a pan no bigger than a 9 x 13 and fill it 1/2 to 3/4 full but I still measure out the struesel topping for it. The pan that I normally use for it is The Pampered Chef deep dish baker stone which measures 11-inches diameter and holds up to 8 cups....I just filled the baker to the top with apples and then added the struesel topping and it doesn't boil over in the oven the apples cook down enough. Also you can use peaches, cherries, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries with this struesel topping to make a very delicious dish.


1 comment:

Jasmine's Journey said...

That looks great! I need to make some pumpkin pie soon.