Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Shopping Trip!

Last week, Meijer had a 10 for $10 get 11th item free sale, so I took advantage of it and bought the following items:

  • 2 bottles Suave shampoo
  • 2 boxes 150 ct. sandwich bags
  • 6 boxes brown n serve sausage
  • 2 boxes Betty crocker cake mix
  • 4 tubes Grands biscuits
  • 5 cups Easy Mac 
  • 9 containers frozen Old Orchard juice
  • 2 bottles Sunny Delight
  • 1 can Meijer chocolate frosting
  • 2 lbs baby carrots
  • 5 Totinos frozen pizzas
  • 5 Armour LunchMakers
After free items and coupons with tax for non-food items, my total for 45 items was: $36.78

Meijer also has a few other things on sale. I also picked up:
  • 1 lb Argo cornstarch
  • 3 bags Ore Ida frozen potatoes
  • 4 boxes Gogurt
  • 2 boxes Gortons frozen fish
  • 4.37 lbs ground beef from round on Manager's markdown
  • 2 pkgs Reese's peanut butter eggs (splurge item!)
Total for these items: $34.64
Grand Total at Meijer: $71.42
Total Savings at Meijer: $50.29

I also took the time to run into Family Fare so that I could use my coupon for a free gallon of milk along with a few other sale items.
  • 2 boxes Post cereal 
  • 2 boxes Banquet chicken nuggets
  • 3-12pks Pepsi products
  • 1 gallon of chocolate milk
Total with bottle deposit: $23.58
Total savings at Family Fare: $10.84

My trip into Aldi's was a quick one for some pantry basics that were out or low on my shelves.
  • 3 gallons milk 
  • 2 dozen eggs
  • 6 cans beef broth
  • 1 jar honey
  • 4 cans cream of chicken soup
Total: $19.85

Grand Total: $114.85
Grand Total of Savings: $61.13 plus Aldi's!

Not bad considering that it was a shopping trip for 2 weeks worth of groceries since I skipped a shopping trip around the 1st of the month due to being on vacation (I shop around the 1st and 15th of the month due to hubby's pay).  I didn't need much in the way of meats this go around because of buying ahead and making menus from what I have in my stockpile before shopping.   This week's menu is totally working out of the pantry and freezer stockpile. Next week's grocery trip will be a bigger trip due to needing more meats.  Sorry no pictures this week, everything got put away so fast by my kids that I didn't have a chance to take them. 

This post is linked at: 

No comments: