- 2 bottles Suave shampoo
- 2 boxes 150 ct. sandwich bags
- 6 boxes brown n serve sausage
- 2 boxes Betty crocker cake mix
- 4 tubes Grands biscuits
- 5 cups Easy Mac
- 9 containers frozen Old Orchard juice
- 2 bottles Sunny Delight
- 1 can Meijer chocolate frosting
- 2 lbs baby carrots
- 5 Totinos frozen pizzas
- 5 Armour LunchMakers
After free items and coupons with tax for non-food items, my total for 45 items was: $36.78
Meijer also has a few other things on sale. I also picked up:
- 1 lb Argo cornstarch
- 3 bags Ore Ida frozen potatoes
- 4 boxes Gogurt
- 2 boxes Gortons frozen fish
- 4.37 lbs ground beef from round on Manager's markdown
- 2 pkgs Reese's peanut butter eggs (splurge item!)
Total for these items: $34.64
Grand Total at Meijer: $71.42
Total Savings at Meijer: $50.29
I also took the time to run into Family Fare so that I could use my coupon for a free gallon of milk along with a few other sale items.
- 2 boxes Post cereal
- 2 boxes Banquet chicken nuggets
- 3-12pks Pepsi products
- 1 gallon of chocolate milk
Total with bottle deposit: $23.58
Total savings at Family Fare: $10.84
My trip into Aldi's was a quick one for some pantry basics that were out or low on my shelves.
- 3 gallons milk
- 2 dozen eggs
- 6 cans beef broth
- 1 jar honey
- 4 cans cream of chicken soup
Grand Total: $114.85
Grand Total of Savings: $61.13 plus Aldi's!
Not bad considering that it was a shopping trip for 2 weeks worth of groceries since I skipped a shopping trip around the 1st of the month due to being on vacation (I shop around the 1st and 15th of the month due to hubby's pay). I didn't need much in the way of meats this go around because of buying ahead and making menus from what I have in my stockpile before shopping. This week's menu is totally working out of the pantry and freezer stockpile. Next week's grocery trip will be a bigger trip due to needing more meats. Sorry no pictures this week, everything got put away so fast by my kids that I didn't have a chance to take them.
This post is linked at:
- Shopping Round Up at The Grocery Cart Challenge!