With my new routine, I am spending on average about $24 per day to keep my household going, that is food for meals & snacks, shampoo, soap, laundry detergent, and paper products. I would love to get back to the $20 per day that I was doing before I was burned out with shopping, however, I will take baby steps to get there rather than big steps so as not to upset the family too much.
This week was a non-payday week so I did a basic food staples run and spent less than $60 for everything. I hopefully will be able to make it until next Friday(payday) before doing any more shopping.
Here is the breakdown of my purchases this week:
- 45 ct Meijer brand Zyrtec $17.97(my allergies are awful!)
- 1/2 gallon buttermilk $2.39
- 4 cans Old Orchard juice $4.00
- 1 Degree deodorant $1.47
- 2 Right Guard deodorant $2.00
- 4 gallons milk $7.52
- 6 tubes cinnamon rolls $5.00
- 3 tubes crescent rolls $2.65
Total OOP(with 6% sales tax for non-food): $44.44
Total Savings: $21.80
Total without sales & coupons: $66.24
- 2 heads lettuce $1.76
- 1 box Honeycomb cereal $1.77
- 2 boxes Raisin Bran $2.54
- 4.12 lbs ground chuck $8.20
Total OOP: $14.27
Total Savings: $9.21
Total without sales & coupons: $23.48
Grand Total OOP: $58.68
Grand Total Savings: $31.01
Grand Total without sales & coupons: $89.72
This post is linked to:
- Coupon Super Savers at Coupon Saving Game!
- Savers Bungelow at Saving a Bundle!
- Week-Ending Finales at The Frugal Free Loader!
- Super Savings Saturday at MoneySavingMom!
- Shopping Round Up at The Grocery Cart Challenge!