Monday, February 8, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 2/7-2/13


It was another week of success with menu planning!  I did have to do some switching around of days on the menu this past week; however, it was for a good cause!  The “good cause” was: Mommy forgot to take meat out of the freezer for dinner the night before so Mommy had to go to plan B which was fast fixing breaded chicken patties, breaded fish tenders and good ol’ French fries from my stash of convenience foods in my freezer.   I know the mantra of frugal living is that in order to save money you make everything from scratch and you ditch convenience items.  However, when it comes to a choice of buying convenience items to have on hand in my freezer or going to the take out window, I am going to choose the convenience items because I have done my research and found them cheaper for my family of 7 than the take out window.  Also if you have been following my menus you will find that we still do the take out window once a week (Sunday after evening church) because doing the take out window then is much simpler and faster.

I did do some decent grocery shopping this week, however, I did more in the way of stocking up my pantry than I did making sure that I have enough meats to last until next payday(which is next Monday). Hopefully, I have enough to last me without a trip to the grocery store, other than for milk!

This week’s meals are simple meals and using what I have on hand.  No new meals this week, just sticking to some meals that I know the family will enjoy.  I have my church’s Ladies Bible Study on Tuesday and then hubby and I are taking a marriage building class at our church on Wednesday.  I need to make the meals for those days as simple and quick as possible with the rush of needing to get out the door on time.

This week’s lunches that are listed below are for the kids and me! Unless we are having leftovers, our lunches are served with apple slices or carrot sticks along with fruit juice or water.  Hubby usually takes a dinner leftover along with various snacks for his work lunch so I don’t take the time to really plan his lunches. I just take the next container of leftovers in the stack in the fridge that I have prepared ahead of time.

A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus; go check the over 300 other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura-Organizing Junkie's site or look down in my right sidebar for my menu suggestion lists!

Sunday (2-7)
Breakfast: eggs, sausage & steak, hash browns, and cinnamon rolls
Dinner:  Little Caesar’s and McDonalds (after church)—our Superbowl food!
Snack: snack basket

Monday (2-8)
Breakfast: cereal and cinnamon rolls
Lunch: homemade lunchables
Dinner:  bacon burgers served with French fries and creamed corn

Tuesday (2-9)
Breakfast:  waffles and sausage
Lunch: sandwiches & chips

Wednesday (2-10)
Breakfast:  bagels and cereal
Lunch: leftover tacos
Dinner:  still to be determined!

Thursday (2-11)
Breakfast:  French Toast and sausage
Lunch: leftover pizza
Dinner:  spaghetti and garlic toast

Friday (2-12)
Breakfast:  cereal and powdered donuts
Lunch: sandwiches & chips
Dinner:  “Homemade Long John Silver’s”: oven fried chicken & fish served with French fries, and corn (never got made last week!)
Snack: ice cream night

Saturday (2-13)
Breakfast:  Your Choice
Lunch: ????
Dinner:  saucy chicken served with mashed potatoes, and green beans
Snack: popcorn




No comments: