Monday, February 22, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 2/21-2/27


The last two weeks have been VERY busy at my house!  I did make a menu last week but didn’t get a chance to post it due to busyness.  Now this week, I am stuck as to what to plan in the menu department because all of my kids are sick with some viral bug at varying degrees.  I have a couple that have the stuffy nose, cough and elevated temp while another has those symptoms along with crud coming out of the eyes, and then another has all those symptoms along with tummy issues.  So I think I am going to work towards fixing bland meals this week and skip any new or spicy dishes, even though a big bowl of chili sounds good right now.

Last week I did my monthly Sam’s Club run along with making a pretty decent trip to Meijer!  So my freezer and pantry are stocked with items to use for this week.  Along with grocery shopping for my family last week, I did shopping for my parents and then did a cooking/baking day to prepare some freezer meals for them for the next couple of weeks.

This week’s meals are simple, not spicy meals and using what I have on hand.  I am sure that with sickness in the house, there will definitely be some menu changes during the week!  Hopefully towards the end of the week my kids will be on the mend so that I can start to work in a bit of spice.

This week’s lunches that are listed below are for the kids and me! Unless we are having leftovers, our lunches are served with apple slices or carrot sticks along with fruit juice or water.  Hubby usually takes a dinner leftover along with various snacks for his work lunch so I don’t take the time to really plan his lunches. I just take the next container of leftovers in the stack in the fridge that I have prepared ahead of time.

A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus; go check the over 300 other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura-Organizing Junkie's site or look down in my right sidebar for my menu suggestion lists!

Sunday (2-21)
Breakfast: eggs, sausage and cinnamon rolls
Dinner:  chicken or fish tenders, fries and carrots
Snack: snack basket

Monday (2-22)
Breakfast: cereal and toast
Lunch: sandwiches & chips
Dinner:  creamy chicken served with noodles or rice and green peas

Tuesday (2-23)
Breakfast:  waffles and sausage
Lunch: sandwiches & chips
Dinner:  skillet pork chops, boiled potatoes, and corn

Wednesday (2-24)
Breakfast:  bagels and cereal
Lunch: leftovers 
Dinner:  roast, carrots and potatoes and homemade rolls

Thursday (2-25)
Breakfast:  French Toast and sausage
Lunch: leftovers 

Friday (2-26)
Breakfast:  cereal and toaster strudel
Lunch: sandwiches & chips
Dinner:  baked chicken & fish, pan fries, and corn
Snack: ice cream night

Saturday (2-27)
Breakfast:  Your Choice
Lunch: grilled cheese sandwiches and bbq little smokies
Dinner:  chicken parmesan and spaghetti served with garlic toast
Snack: popcorn




No comments: