Monday, February 1, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 1/31-2/6

It was another week of success with menu planning!  I made it through the week without too much difficulty.   It is amazing me that doing something so simple like menu planning can actually reduce the stress that I feel on daily basis in keeping the household going smoothly.  I did end up switching out the meal on Saturday for something less time consuming.  Instead of having saucy pork chops served with rice and green peas, we had skillet pork chops, mac & cheese and peas.

Not much in the way of grocery shopping this week, however, I will be doing more grocery shopping as the week progresses because I am running out of several staples that I need to keep on hand, like meat and grape jam!   In case you are wondering, I usually do my grocery shopping a week ahead.  What I shop for last week is what I will be using this week, however the sales were not too great, so I had enough on hand to make it through the majority of last week without heading to the store. Now this week’s sale ads look a little better along with having had a payday so I will be doing grocery shopping to help finish round out our meals this week.

This week’s meals are simple meals.  No new meals this week, just sticking to some meals that I know the family will enjoy.  I have my church’s Ladies Bible Study on Tuesday and then hubby and I are taking a marriage building class at our church on Wednesday.  I need to make the meals for those days as simple and quick as possible with the rush of needing to get out the door on time.

This week’s lunches that are listed below are for the kids and me! Unless we are having leftovers, our lunches are served with apple slices or carrot sticks along with fruit juice or water.  Hubby usually takes a dinner leftover along with various snacks for his work lunch so I don’t take the time to really plan his lunches. I just take the next container of leftovers in the stack in the fridge that I have prepared ahead of time.

A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus; go check the over 300 other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura-Organizing Junkie's site or look down in my right sidebar for my menu suggestion lists!

Sunday (1-31)
Breakfast: eggs, sausage & bacon, hash browns, and donuts
Lunch: chicken tenders, chips and carrots
Dinner:  McDonald’s (after church)
Snack: snack basket

Monday (2-1)
Breakfast: cereal and donuts
Dinner:  veggie beef stew with homemade bread

Tuesday (2-2)
Breakfast:  waffles and sausage
Lunch: sandwiches & chips
Dinner: creamy chicken served with rice and green peas

Wednesday (2-3)
Breakfast:  bagels and cereal
Lunch: sandwich & soup
Dinner:  baked chicken(#3) served with mashed taters & gravy, and corn

Thursday (2-4)
Breakfast:  Pancakes and sausage
Lunch: sandwiches & chips
Dinner:  cube steak served with crashed potatoes or mac & cheese, and green beans

Friday (2-5)
Breakfast:  cereal and toaster strudel
Lunch: pizza rolls
Dinner:  “Homemade Long John Silver’s”: oven fried chicken & fish served with French fries, and corn
Snack: ice cream night

Saturday (2-6)
Breakfast:  Your Choice
Lunch: ????
Dinner: Taco Bar
Snack: popcorn




2 comments:

Leah said...

I agree with you about the amount of stress just making a meal plan takes out of the day :) I am amazed too. I really like your homemade TV dinner idea too, I am going to have to try that!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful looking menu. Thanks for sharing.