Monday, January 25, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 1/24-1/30




It was another week of success with menu planning!  I made it through the week without too much difficulty.   It is amazing me that doing something so simple like menu planning can actually reduce the stress that I feel on daily basis in keeping the household going smoothly.

Not much in the way of grocery shopping this week, however, I did do more shopping than just getting milk and a few perishables like I was originally hoping for this time around.  As for shopping during this week, well I am nineteen cents over my monthly grocery budget so I am going to just get my WIC this week and call it a week.  I have everything on hand for meals and snacks this week so I should be set in the food “department”.

This week’s meals are family favorite meals using what I have on hand in my pantry and freezer.  Thankfully, there isn’t too much going on this week!  The weather has been nice with above normal temperatures for January (meaning above 32°) however, this week we are going downhill in temperatures where we will only be in the teens for highs so back to reality in the Midwest USA!

This week’s lunches that are listed below are for the kids and me! Unless we are having leftovers, our lunches are served with apple slices or carrot sticks along with fruit juice or water.  Hubby usually takes a dinner leftover along with various snacks for his work lunch so I don’t take the time to really plan his lunches. I just take the next container of leftovers in the stack in the fridge that I have prepared ahead of time.

A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus; go check the over 300 other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura-Organizing Junkie's site or look down in my right sidebar for my menu suggestion lists!

Sunday (1-24)
Breakfast: eggs, sausage & bacon, hash browns, and cinnamon rolls
Lunch: pizza & pizza rolls
Dinner:  Wendy's (after church)
Snack: snack basket

Monday (1-25)
Breakfast: cereal and donuts
Dinner:  smothered chicken served with boiled potatoes and corn and crescent rolls
Snack: snack basket

Tuesday (1-26)
Breakfast:  waffles and sausage
Lunch: sandwiches & chips
Dinner: roast, carrots and potatoes served with biscuits
Snack: snack basket

Wednesday (1-27)
Breakfast:  bagels and cereal
Lunch: sandwich & soup
Dinner:  Chili served over rice and corn muffins as a side
Snack: snack basket

Thursday (1-28)
Breakfast:  French Toast and sausage
Lunch: sandwiches & chips
Dinner:  chicken gravy served with rice, green beans
Snack: snack basket

Friday (1-29)
Breakfast:  cereal and toaster strudel
Lunch: pizza rolls
Dinner:  burgers served with French Fries and fresh carrot sticks
Snack: ice cream night

Saturday (1-30)
Breakfast:  Your Choice
Lunch: ????
Dinner: saucy pork chops served with rice and green peas
Snack: popcorn




1 comment:

Melissa said...

Sounds like a great plan! I haven't made chili for a while; thanks for the reminder! :)