While I look at the following list of goals, I see potential in reaching every one of them by the end of the year with God's help and my determination. I realize that some of the goals are not very measurable right now so there will be some tweaking going on in the weeks and months to come. However, I wanted to take some time to set some goals so I can develop my vision for the next year. I divided the goals up into categories(thanks Toni for the inspiration) to help me sort through all the ideas floating around in my head. I also did not prioritize these goals because a lot of them are dealing with being consistent in things every day.
- Continue to be faithful to the weekly Woman’s Bible Study.
- Memorize at least 100 Bible verses. (that is 2 verses per week)
- Read my Bible daily and work at growing closer to God.
- Realizing and praising God each day for the gift of life and to living each day to the fullest with Him in control!
- Exercise 4 times a week—bike riding, walking, weights or aerobics.
- Drop my weight by 50 lbs.
- Have a consistent morning and bedtime routine every day.
- Read at least two books a month.
- Spend quality time via date nights with my husband once a week.
- Get previous school years papers in binders for each child.
- Work with my daughter to get her fluently reading by June.
- Do hands on activities with my children at least twice a month.
- Be done with formal schooling every day at 3 pm. --I have two that like to drag out the day's work!
- Declutter papers and books that we have never used or are no longer using.
- Keep consistent with menu planning. The last 3 weeks of "flying by the seat of my pants" planning has not worked very well!
- Shop for groceries twice a month(other than for fresh items like fruits, veggies, milk & eggs). (more on this goal next week)
- Update and keep up with my household binder
- File papers every month.
- Work at sewing/mending twice a month.
- Work at doing more baking from scratch and cut out the processed foods.
- Try at least two new recipes each month to increase my “family favorite meal list”.
- Pay off all three credit cards. (total $3825)
- Work at building a three month emergency fund (approx. $8100)
- Pay cash for the two major house projects (carpeting the rec. room/office & finish the 4th bedroom) that we have planned for 2010.
- Be consistent with writing posts (other than weekly Meijer deals) at least 4 times a week.
- Keeping a list of blog post ideas and schedule posts.
- Finish “ABC Parenting” and “Kindergarten through the Alphabet” series
- Continue to keep a balance between computer/blogging and family.
This post is linked to: