Monday, October 12, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 10/11-10-17


I am struggling with menu planning lately. I just feel so uninspired and cooking the same old dishes every week or every other week is getting boring!  I gotta snap out of this rut and find something new to cook that my whole family of picky eaters will eat.  It is also difficult when one of the picky eaters is having a palate change.  Nothing like cooking something one week to find that the next time I cook it the individual doesn’t like it anymore and there was no changing the dish the second time around.

This week’s shopping trip was getting mostly essentials.  For some odd reason, I was missing several pantry essentials so making meals were just a bit difficult.   At the end of this week, it will be payday time again so I will be doing my monthly shopping to Sam’s along with a shopping trip to the grocery stores.  The sale ads for this week are not very happening so I think I am going to wait and do the grocery store shopping next week; maybe there will be better sales.

This week’s meals are using what I have on hand and trying to use up several things to make room in the pantry and freezer for the shopping in the next week.

A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus; go check the over 300 other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura-Organizing Junkie’s site or look down in my right sidebar for my menu suggestion lists!



Sunday (10-11)
Breakfast: eggs, bacon, hash browns, and cinnamon rolls
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: goulash served with leftover homemade rolls and biscuits
Snack: snack basket

Monday (10-12)
Breakfast: cereal and toast
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: roasted pork loin served with rice, and green beans
Snack: snack basket

Tuesday (10-13)
Breakfast:  waffles and sausage
Lunch: sandwich & chips
Dinner:  baked chicken & fish served with baked potatoes and corn
Snack: snack basket

Wednesday(10-14)
Breakfast:  bagels and cereal
Lunch: pizza
Dinner:  ??? maybe something new! J
Snack: snack basket

Thursday(10-15)
Breakfast:  Pancakes and sausage
Lunch: sandwich & chips
Dinner:  chili served with rice and corn muffins
Snack: snack basket

Friday(10-16)
Breakfast:  cereal and toast
Lunch: sandwich & chips
Dinner:  roasted turkey breast served with mashed taters, gravy, corn and biscuits
Snack: ice cream night

Saturday(10-17)
Breakfast:  Your Choice
Lunch: ???
Dinner:  burgers, fries and carrots
Snack: popcorn

No comments: