Well anyway, onto the shopping and deals....
Last week I did a major big shopping trip and saved over $150, so this week I didn't need much in the way of groceries! OOOOPPPPSSSS, I forgot to get pics this week! Oh well, guess that is what happens when most of the items are freezer or fridge products that you don't want to get thawed or warm when it is 85° outside!
For this week's shopping, I made two stops...First to Meijer to pick up some of this week's deals then on to Family Fare where I got 37 cent/gallon of milk(more on that below)!
- 6.43lbs bananas $3.22 (I found these as an unadvertise special--2lbs/$1!!)
- 10lbs Potatoes $4.58
- 2 bags froz. whole strawberries $2.58 (these were NOT part of the 3/$8 sale!!)
- 1lb deli hickory smoked turkey $4.54
- 1 lb deli oven roasted turkey $5.29
- 2 pkgs English Muffins $2.00
- 3 loaves bread $3.00
- 2 lbs bacon $4.00
- 1 gallon Milk $2.77
- 2 pints fresh blueberries $3.34
- 1 container sour cream $.75
- 1 bag frozen blackberries $1.67
- 4-1/2 gallon ice cream $6.00
- 4 pkgs frozen hashbrowns $4.00
Total after coupons $47.45
Total SAVINGS $30.61
Next stop....Family Fare...
Before I give a breakdown on my trip, I thought I would stop the suspense as to how I got 37 cent/gallon of milk! First off, Family Fare is a 3 day sale(Thurs/Fri/Sat) on top of the weekly ad sales. For their weekly sale, they are advertising 12 count Poptarts 2/$5 PLUS Get $2 off instantly at the checkout when you buy any TWO Kelloggs 12 ct. Poptarts. For their 3 day sale, they were advertising gallons of milk for $2.37. So I purchased four boxes of Poptarts and got $4.00 off my 2 gallons of milk. My family loves Poptarts, I just wished that I would have had coupons for the poptarts to sweeten the deal even more!
Now for the breakdown...
- grape tomatoes $2.99
- 2 gallons milk 74 cents
- 2-64oz bottles Juicy Juice $5.34
- 18oz. fresh raspberries $4.00
- 2.28lbs red grapes $2.01
- 4 boxes 12 ct Poptarts $10.00
Total SAVINGS $19.82
(would have had more savings if I had not forgotten my Juicy Juice coupons!! UGH!)
Weekly TOTAL $72.53
Weekly SAVINGS $50.43
Well, my $50 goal for this week didn't happen!!! Going to try better next week!
To check out other's weekly deals, head over to Super Savings Saturday at MoneySavingMom and Grocery Gathering at BeCentsable!