Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday--Toys

It's the beginning of the month and that means that it is time for a themed edition of Works for Me Wednesday over at Rocks in My Dryer. This month with Christmas right around the corner, Shannon is asking that we share about the toys that are actually worth buying! So what are the toys that my kids(4 boys & 1 girl) play with the most? What are those toys that I am always requesting that they put away so that they can get school work done or so that we can have a play room that looks uncluttered?!


For my boys, it is Legos! My house is being taken over by Legos!! At last count between my 4 boys and hubby's collection we have over 50 sets of Legos in this house! For my boys this seems to be a common bond between them, they could sit for hours working on different creations. My 10yo loves to take Legos and make his own creations, it is so fun watching his mind work in the creating of his masterpiece.
For my daughter it is her 10 gallon Rubbermaid rough tote of play kitchen supplies. She loves to sit and have "picnics" with her dolls or with her brothers(if she can get them away from their Legos long enough!).




For the whole family, various board games are something that we love to do together. It is so fun to get a new board at a birthday or at Christmas because we can't wait to sit down together to play it!

Legos, play kitchen supplies, and board games is what works for me and my family!

To find out what works for others, head over to Shannon's blog--Rocks in My Dryer!

1 comment:

Raise Them Up said...

My boys are big Legos and Mega Bloks fans, too! Some of my best buys for them have been "lots" purchased off Ebay. The Star Wars sets, as well as the Mega Blok Probuilder sets, are their favorites at the moment.