Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall Into Cooking--October Challenge



For the last few months, my friends over at Happy To Be At Home have been hosting monthly challenges to end 2008 Great! Each month, they have been tackling a theme for the month and challenging others to tackle it as well. This month's challenge is Fall into Cooking! According to their site here is what they will be focusing on for the month...

ways we can organize our kitchens and meal planning,
find courage to try new recipes,
streamline meal prep and kitchen work,
and encouraging each other with tips on cooking for a crowd.


I am going to be joining the challenge this month! This week they are challenging everyone to put together a master menu plan or grocery list. Then we are to post about it on our blog. I have a master menu plan and a grocery list already done, however, it needs some updating! I am planning on updating it and posting at least the master menu plan to hopefully help give you some new ideas to serve your family.

In the meantime, here is what I did yesterday in my kitchen!



My kitchen was bustling yesterday!! I made TWO Jewish Coffee Cake and a batch of Chocolate Nut Bread(without the nuts!) which made two loaves(7 3/8"x3 5/8"x 2 1/4") and 4 muffins. Just in case you are wondering, it isn't frosting on the top of the bread but I reserved a 1/2 cup of the bag chocolate chips that I used in the bread to melt and spread on top of each cooled loaf and the 4 muffins. Hubby had requested at least the Jewish Coffee Cake for taking into work this morning to share with co-workers but I was able to squeak out some bread as well! So that platter above is what he took into work to share, while the other loaf of bread got sliced into to sample!

Stay tuned to get a look at my master menu plan!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Both of those recipes sound great. Is that frosting on your chocolate nut (minus the nuts) bread? It looks so yummy!

I'm so glad you are joining us in the challenge this month. I know you'll have lots of great tips and encouragement to add.

momtofivekids said...

Good for you! I haven't got into cooking/baking like I usually do in the fall. I'm going to have to check out the site you shared.

Anonymous said...

This is great. Both those recipes are great ones to try.

Valerie
http://homeschoolblogger.com/socalval

Blessed Mommy said...

October is the perfect month for a cooking challenge. I am trying to tackle a weekly menu then a monthly menu. I have never been a big planner of meals, but I definitely see the advantages, so I am tackling it. I know my family will benefit from it. Your recipes look so yummy. With the beautiful weather of Fall, I am looking forward to my crock pot and warm apple cider. I truly enjoy your blog.