Monday, June 30, 2008

Menu Plan Monday 6/29-7/5


**Another week is upon us so that means it is time for another menu plan! This is just a plan and it could change on the cook’s whim!

Last week’s menus went well. Once again I have plenty of leftovers to use for lunches for the next few days!

Last week, I found some markdown meat and sale eggs. I am kicking myself for not going back and getting more eggs when they were 99cents/dozen (cheapest I have seen in a long while)! With finding the markdown meat, I will be able to go a few days into this week without having to worry about doing my big shopping trip!

We are being “homebodies” over the holiday weekend! Hubby has house projects that he is wanting to complete on his four day weekend. We are also marching along with 150 other people from our church in a 4th of July parade with our church's float.

Lunches listed are for the kids and me. Hubby usually takes dinner leftovers each day.

A special thanks to Laura--Heavenly Homemaker for hosting Menu Plan Monday as Laura-Organizing Junkie is on vacation this week! Need help with your menus, go check other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura--Heavenly Homemaker's site! **


Sunday (6-29)
Breakfast: eggs, hash browns, sausage links and banana muffins
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: stewed turkey sandwiches (recipe below), chips, and carrot sticks
Snack: snack basket

Monday (6-30)
Breakfast: cereal and banana muffins
Lunch: leftovers --chicken
Dinner: spaghetti with meatballs and garlic bread
Snack: cookies & milk

Tuesday (7-1)
Breakfast: waffles and sausage
Lunch: leftovers—tacos
Dinner: Easy Beef Stroganoff(no mushrooms and making own beef gravy), noodles, peas/salad, and biscuits
Snack: snack basket

Wednesday (7-2)
Breakfast: bagels and cereal
Lunch: leftovers or sandwich and chips
Dinner: chicken rice casserole and honey oatmeal rolls
Snack: snack basket

Thursday (7-3)
Breakfast: buttermilk pancakes and sausage
Lunch: sandwich and chips
Dinner: bbq pork, cheesy potatoes (no meat)-(new recipe for me), green beans or salad
Snack: snack basket

Friday (7-4) Happy Independence Day!
Breakfast: homemade cinnamon rolls-(new recipe for me) and eggs
Lunch: pizza rolls
Dinner: grilled burgers, fries, and corn
Snack: homemade chocolate shakes


Saturday (7-5)
Breakfast: “Cook’s Choice”
Lunch: ???? holiday weekend!
Dinner: grilled chicken/fish, potato pockets, green beans, and leftover rolls
Snack: “mystery snack” – (probably will be ice cream sundaes or popsicles)



Stewed Turkey or Chicken Sandwiches

I took the leftover turkey breast from last week(it was about ½ of the total breast) and my leftover gravy and mixed it up together. There wasn’t enough of the gravy to moisten all the turkey so I added about ¼ cup of water along with some cornstarch and milk to thicken up the turkey mixture. The turkey shredded as I stirred it and it heated through. Once it was done, I serve on hamburger buns.

You can use chicken as well for this recipe.

My MIL makes this fresh rather than using leftover. Her recipe is something like this….
1 whole chicken cooked and deboned
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can chicken broth(or broth from the chicken cooking)

Mix altogether. Season with pepper or as desired. Serve on hamburger buns.

1 comment:

mom_of2boys said...

I've never made cinnamon rolls completely from scratch. My kids love them. I'll have to give your recipe a try. Yummy!