Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Weblink Wednesday

When I am teaching my kids to read I use several sources so boredom does not set in. Along with basic readers from the library and Starfall, I use School Bell's Dolch Kit. It is a wealth of resources for those basic sight words that everyone needs to know. I love using the games and the practice book with my kids. I print up the practice book and as they can say the words without hesitation I highlight the words. Highlighting the words helps them see concretely how many words they actually know. There is also checklist/recordkeeping that you can do with the lists as well. I print those sheets out as well and use them. I hang onto those to put in the kids end of the year portfolio.

For other valuable website resources, head over to Val's-Homeschooling with Encouragement!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just making my rounds on the web and saw that you did participate today in WW. Thanks. I must of missed your Mr. Linky post.

Great links you posted today.

Valerie