Monday, February 25, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


**This is just a plan and plans have the ability to change at the cook's discretion! I am so glad that menu plans are JUST PLANS because last week's plans got changed more than once! Last week for the first time, I made homemade french bread to go with our spaghetti dinner! That got some rave reviews from my family so that will definitely be something that I keep in the menu rotation!

This week is going to be interesting for two reasons:
1. I am starting the week out being sick with a cold that dh so gratefully(NOT!) passed on to me!! My head right now feels like someone took a sludge hammer to it and all my body joints ache!! So cooking will be all the “easy” meals that I have up my sleeve!!

2. This week is going to be a short week for me in the cooking dept! Because Friday afternoon till sometime on Saturday, dh and I will be on our church’s couples retreat!! The kids are spending the night at my parents’ house so I will not have to worry about meals for a good 24 hours!!!

Lunches listed are for the kids and I as dh usually takes dinner leftovers each day.

A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus, go check others out at her site!**

Sunday(2-24)
Breakfast: eggs, hashbrowns, canadian bacon and muffins
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: Arby’s (after evening church)
Snack: sandwiches(before evening church)

Monday(2-25)
Breakfast: pancakes(from freezer), sausage links and fruit
Lunch: sandwich, chips, baby carrots or applesauce
Dinner: cube steak, baked potatoes, and green beans
Snack: snack basket or go-gurt

Tuesday(2-26)
Breakfast: cereal and toast
Lunch: leftover spaghetti from last week
Dinner: skillet pork chops, mac & cheese, and peas
Snack: cookies & milk

Wednesday(2-27)
Breakfast: waffles and fruit or yogurt
Lunch: pizza rolls
Dinner: roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and biscuits (**didn’t get made last week)
Snack: snack basket

Thursday(2-28)
Breakfast: eggs, cereal, toast and yogurt
Lunch: chicken nuggets and macaroni & cheese
Dinner: chicken rice casserole and homemade bread
Snack: snack basket or go-gurt

Friday(2-29)
Breakfast: waffles and Canadian bacon or sausage links
Lunch: leftovers or sandwiches, chips, applesauce
Dinner: kids at my parents, dh and I retreating!
Snack: gone

Saturday(3-1)
Breakfast: gone
Lunch: gone
Dinner: probably take-out!?!
Snack: popcorn

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good week. Enjoy your retreat and your time with your honey!


MJ

Anonymous said...

I love the snack basket idea. Once I am finished with my pantry clean out I think I will borrow your idea for my house!

Anonymous said...

Great week and I am going to have to get that snack basket going here.

Monica said...

Thanks for visiting my blog:)Your menu looks GREAT. I like the way you typed it out in your post. The french bread you made looks really good and I love the snack basket idea.

Anonymous said...

You're plan looks great! I love how you plan out all your meals, with me breakfast and lunch are up in the air but very predictable. Oatmeal for breakfast and sandwiches or leftovers for lunch. I like the variety that comes with a little planning. Thanks for the comment on my new blog. I'm very new to blogging I have a lot to learn. I sure do love reading about everyone's ideas, made me feel that I too should jump on the blogging bandwagon.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

that is an awesome menu - I am so impressed.

momtofivekids said...

Thanks for posting a comment on my blog. To answer your question, yes, having a girl after 4 boys is so much fun! We love doing "girlie" things together :) I love your blog, I'm going to add you to my favs. Have fun on your retreat!