Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Welcome!

Finally, I decided that it was time to set up a blog. Everyone else is doing it so why not!?

Welcome to my little space on the worldwide web!

A little bit more about myself....
I grow up in the Midwest. I am the oldest of 8 kids. My parents did foster care of severely mentally and physically children for over 10 years. They had over 40 kids in their care over those years. I went on to college and got a degree in Elementary Education with a minor in Special Education. I met my husband while in college. He was in the Navy and I was in college--we met back when message boards were DOS based bulletin boards. So we met via the internet. We have been happily married now for 11 1/2 years. We have 5 children--four boys: J who is 11, D who is 8 soon to be 9, T who is 7 soon to be 8, P who is 9 1/2 months; one girl: S who is 3 1/2 (going on 20!LOL). I have been homeschooling all of them since birth. I do not use any particular curriculum so I guess that makes me eclectic. All of my curriculum I have made up from what I have found on the internet, getting books at the library and the few curriculum books that I have been blessed with from other homeschooling families.

Aside from homeschooling my kids, I love to bake and cook. I also like to help others to declutter and simplify their lives. I also like to give tips on becoming more frugal.

So there it is....my first entry and a glimpse of Sonshine.

5 comments:

TobyBo said...

welcome to the world of blogging!

(Toby from TM)

Michelle said...

Very nice. I love you intro. Very informative but not too wordy. I can't wait to read it daily. Check out my blog when you get a chance!

Leni said...

Any chance you could come declutter my dd's room? I don't think I have the energy!!!

Welcome to blog land!

Kim said...

Welcome! I am bookmarking your blog right NOW and will be back often to keep up with you and yours!

Kim in TX

Sonshine said...

Leni,
Sure, I'll come!;-) First though why not have dd go through her room and declutter it! :)